Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pressing on..

After being sick last week, it knocked me back about a week with the outside lights. I have played some catch up but still a ways to go. On Sunday I put together a Pixel Matrix that I got in.



I had to solder together 4 sets of pixels with a total of 162 pixels. Then I had to put all the pixels into a Coro board that has 162 holes in it to make a matrix that is 18 pixels wide by 9 pixels high. 


It took a while to get all the pixels installed but it worked out well. I will be able to scroll text on this matrix or even show animated sprites. Nothing high resolution. I will say original Nintendo level graphics. My plan is display the FM frequency so people will know where to tune in and listen to the music that will be coordinated with the lights.


I also had to put pigtails onto the 8 sets of 50 lights for my mini trees. I put together a test tree with pipe cleaners to tie them to the metal wire.


Now that I got pigtails onto the 8 sets, now I can use wire ties to put them on there for good. I hope to have those done by Sunday so I can start to get the software side of things put together.





No comments:

Post a Comment