Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Got sick but chugging (or coughing) along..

Last week I started to get a small cough and by Wednesday I woke up and did not feel good at all.. Typically I will take a day or two off and just suffer through it at home in bed. But this time felt different, I was struggling breathing and my throat and upper chest were hurting and there was a little bit of blood in the mucus I was coughing up. So I decided to go to Urgent Care (which is next to my work) and have them look at it. The Dr said it looked like a normal cold but I am weezing a little bit which is a sign of possible Bronchitis. So she prescribed me some antibiotics to get rid of any issue there and there isn't much she could do about the cold/virus part. Didn't take long after the antibiotic for the chest pain and weezing to subside. The virus/cold lasted another couple days. Unfortunately I am still coughing. I think it's a mixture of post nasal drip and allergies that is causing it. The down side is that as a sales person, I have to talk to people. Well it's hard to talk to people when you are having a coughing attack. Since I have high blood pressure I can not use decongestants as they increase your blood pressure. So I am living off of cough drops for the most part. I hope it clears up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment