Sunday, August 17, 2014

Christmas in August?

I know its mid-august, but I have christmas on my mind. Since I have returned from my Florida vacation, when I have had time, I have been trying to figure out my christmas display for this year. I have to start early in order to get all the components I need. The LED lights I usually get direct from China so I have to give some time for it to get here. Last year I used Spotlights and RGB Strips.




It came out ok. It took a lot of work to get the strips waterproofed in PEX tubing. I am thinking about removing the PEX and strips though. Over time, the PEX has started to curl up and is no longer straight on the facia of the house. I have decided to change the roof line to have these Technicolor pixel bulbs instead.


I will be able to control each individual bulb. I will have to figure out how I will repurpose the LED strips on the roof line now. I have a few ideas but I am not sure how to implement them. I will be adding more posts on what I am doing all the way till its complete. Hope to have many of the fixtures in place by Halloween to do a little display for that and then shift to christmas stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment